Sunday, August 19, 2007

One Local Summer: Week Eight

We've been impatiently waiting for our tomatoes to ripen. Since we don't have a lot of space to dedicate to vegetable gardening, we have to be very selective about what we grow. This year we decided to specialize; we planted only tomatoes. And this week we were finally able to enjoy our first harvest. The beauty of a fresh-from-the-vine tomato is that it requires so little fuss. Perfect for us as our newborn requires much fuss.

Our CSA provided the basil, garlic and onions. The pasta was locally made. And the tomatoes are all ours. It simply doesn't get any better than fresh sauce.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That looks delicious! I agree that there is nothing better than fresh from your garden tomatoes. (Visiting for GTS)

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to get in gear. I have a couple dozen fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes that are sitting on my kitchen counter. There really isn't anything better than fresh tomatoes. I think I am going to make fresh sauce and trying a batch of salsa for the first time.

plantdirt.blogspot.com