Sunday, August 03, 2008

One Local Summer, Week 9: Fresh Tomato Sauce


If I had to choose a favorite meal, this might be it. Fresh tomato sauce. I could live on it all summer long.

We came home late one evening from a family picnic still a little hungry. As we rooted around the fridge for something to take the edge off, I realized that with just a little extra effort we could do better than that. A drizzle of oil in the pan. Some onions. Garlic. Tomatoes (of course). And basil. All from our CSA. And we had ourselves the freshest, tastiest, late-night supper ever. We served it over angel hair from our favorite Brooklyn pasta source. And it wasn't until midway through the meal that I realized I had myself an OLS submission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fresh pasta sauce is one of my favorites too! Once you get the hang of making it from scratch, it's so tough to go back to anything else.