Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Perrenial Favorites

This is the time of year is all about reuniting with my perrenials. There's the thrill of seeing who's returned. More than that, there's the thrill of seeing which plants are really succeeding.

Take for example our Star of Bethlehem plant. It came to our garden, via another's garden, two years ago right about the time I was starting this blog. I reported on how unpromising its prospects looked.

Then last year I was tickled to discover that it indeed found our little plot worthy of its roots. It not only returned, but also graced us with a few flowers.


And now, be it ever so humble, this year it's decided there's no place like our garden.



I can hardly wait to see what next year will bring.

1 comment:

Julia Erickson said...

How beautiful!